Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We're Here!!!

Elizabeth and I arrived on Monday afternoon, only a few hours behind schedule J  Papa Xavier was at the airport to meet us along with two other families so we waited and waited for our luggage and then took off to the hotel.  The drive was very exciting as always!  We had about ten minutes to unpack our things in our room before Elysee arrived.  I heard the van pull in and I ran out to see her!  Her reaction was about the worst I could have imagined.  She began crying immediately and clung to one of the ladies who brought her.  She would not come to me at all.  I immediately began crying even though I told myself I would not…it’s hard to see how scared she is.  The baby came a few minutes later and she was asleep so I grabbed her in my arms and began kissing her all over! 
She has grown so much!  About an hour or so after both girls arrived, Elysee began to warm up to me.  She asked me to take her to the pool and so we swam a bit and she was back to her old self!  She laughed and smiled and we had a wonderful night!  Elizabeth went out with a few others to the grocery store so we have plenty of food now J
I was so dreading bedtime and Elysee did cry for a bit before bed but she let me hold her and rock her until she fell asleep J  Elizabeth got the baby all ready for bed and she went right to sleep.  Then we went to bed around the same time…Elizabeth and I were exhausted! 
Everyone woke up in great moods this morning!  Elizabeth and I were rested and the girls were all smiles!  We spent the morning playing in our room which was really great!  I made Elysee toast with Nutella and she ate four pieces!!!  Elizabeth went back to the grocery store today with a few others so one other lady and I had four kiddos in our room for lunch…they were a hoot!  Eating everything and into everything!!!  Elysee and one of the other little boys wrestled for about an hour…it made me laugh so hard thinking about the day we get to bring her home to wrestle Eli J 
We went swimming for a bit today and Elysee sat at the edge of the pool and dumped cup after cup of water on her head while laughing hysterically!  I was even able to get the baby in for a bit and she really liked it too J  After swimming we headed back to the room for a nap and Elysee cried for about an hour before she finally went to sleep.  She woke up in kind of a dazed state that she stayed in for about two hours but after dinner she began to smile and laugh again J  We celebrated one of the little boy’s birthdays tonight so everyone had cake which Elysee loved! 
Tonight was amazing!  I told Elysee we had to leave one of her friends rooms to come back to our room for bed.  She grabbed her Dora doll, waved goodbye, and walked out the door….then she began to scream!  She screamed while we walked back to the room and continued once we got inside.  Then about five minutes later she stopped, we picked out her jammies, played on the bed for a few minutes and I told her it was time to go to sleep and she laid down on her bed, I covered her up and she kissed me goodnight!  AMAZING!  I could not believe it! 
Elizabeth has been a HUGE help so far and I am so thankful for her willingness to come!  She has cooked, cleaned, shopped and played with both of the girls. 

Please continue to pray for the girls…the baby has had an upset stomach and both of the girls have a bit of a cold L
Well, that’s it for now… Thank God for a wonderful two days filled with smiles, hugs, kisses and snuggles! 


Lynsey

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that things are settling as you are spending more time together. I hope that God opens wide the doors to bring your little ones home soon.

    ReplyDelete