Thursday, July 31, 2014

Lessons in Generosity

So Adam and I have a 2004 VW Jetta that has had some problems lately :-)  Adam was driving it home about a month ago and he could not take it out of 3rd gear so he drove all the way home through some neighborhoods praying that he would not get into a wreck seeing as how he could not stop and he could not go any faster!  He made it to our mechanic's where they worked on it and in the end decided that it needed a new clutch.  They called Adam and told him that the car was ready and the dollar amount of the bill and Adam called me to let me know.  I was not thrilled but... we had to have a car so Adam was going to pick it up that evening.  Adam said a little bit later that the mechanic called back and said that he felt bad about the amount of the bill so he was going to knock a couple hundred dollars off...

What?  Have you ever had this happen?  Who does that?!?

Then last week, Adam went outside to put air in one of the car tires because he has to do this every couple of weeks...for a time period we will not mention...don't judge....we've had more important things to pay for lately :-)  So he comes back inside and says...we have new tires on our car!  To say that I did not believe him would be an understatement!  I think I said something like..."we do not have new tires...how would we have new tires???"  It was kind of late so we both went out there with a flashlight and started looking at them and I still did not believe him.  I don't look at tires very often and I could not decide if they looked new or not :-)  Adam said that he knew they were new because they had tread on them!  lol!  So Adam took our car back to the mechanic's the other day to get it inspected...which by the way, it would not have passed if we did not have new tires...and the mechanic started laughing at him!  He said he really wanted to call Adam a few times to see if he had noticed yet!  So basically...they were working on our car and someone was there and said it looked like we needed new tires and they paid for them!

What?  Have you ever had this happen?  Who does that?!?

So God has been teaching me about generosity lately:-)  I was out early jogging one morning last week and I was praying while I was running and I asked God to help me be more generous.  I have experienced AMAZING generosity through God and his children over the last two years and I really wanted to see what he would do through me.  God immediately brought a person to mind and a dollar amount to send them.  I kind of chuckled and thought...well, I better go home and mail a check!  I ran home and told Adam that I felt like God told me to send this amount of money to this family and he said, "okay!"  So I wrote a card out and put a check in it and we put it in the mailbox.  I went about my day and had kind of forgot about it...until that evening when someone gave us the exact dollar amount that we had put in that card. 

What?  Have you ever had this happen?  Who does that!  

God does :-)

God is teaching me about generosity lately and it's been really cool :-)

Elizabeth and I are heading to the DR Congo on Sunday morning...it's finally here!  God has provided everything that we need and I am excited to see what he is going to do on this next trip!  Please join us in praying for...

Safe travels.
The girls to remember who I am and that we bond quickly.
God to lead us in where he wants us to go and what he wants us to do.
Our families back at home.
Great health.
USCIS approval and that we would be granted custody of the baby.
The visa suspension to be lifted.

Thank you to everyone who gave us formula and vitamins!  We can't wait to get it where it needs to go!!! 

Lynsey

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I love how God reminds us that He is in charge and nothing is too small for Him.

    ReplyDelete