Thursday, August 7, 2014

Ups and Downs

On Wednesday morning,  I woke up and got the coffee going and looked back over at Elysee’s bed and she was sitting up so I went over and sat down on her bed and she crawled right over in my lap…a great way to start the day! 
The day on Wednesday went pretty well…very few crying spells and mostly two very happy kiddos!  Elysee only cried about a minute when we came into the room for bed and then she asked me if she could change into her jammies J  She loves to change clothes…all day long!  She loves to pick them out, put them on, take them off, fold them…she just loves clothes!  She also loves socks and has to have them on at all times!  I brought some bows for both girls hair and Elysee has loved to pick them out and put them on both of them….she usually likes to have about 5-8 on at a time J  They are both eating very well and sleeping well too.  The baby has been getting up once a night to eat which has been wonderful!  I love getting to snuggle with her alone during the night J 
I have been praying over both of the girls when I get up in the middle of the night and it has been a very sweet time J  I love how God works in our heart over time and now I do not only pray that I can bring them home soon but I mostly pray that they will grow to be strong women of faith who love God and love to make him known no matter where they are.
Thursday morning, the first family had to leave to go home and so the first of the children were taken from the hotel back to the foster home.  Please pray for all of the families and children here and that God would give them the strength and peace to leave.  I cannot explain how hard this is to watch or to go through but I know that God sees our tears and hears our prayers and that he is with all of us in the place.  There are so many adoptive families here this week...many from our agency and many who have lived here for months with their kids they cannot take home yet.  I was lying in bed last night thinking about all of the prayers that are said within the walls of this hotel for these children and it made me smile.  I know that he hears us and I know that his timing is perfect…we just have to trust him.
After the first family left, many of the ladies went to an orphanage to take supplies and visit (including Elizabeth).  When the van left, Elysee immediately began to flip out…not just cry but seriously flip out!  She wailed and kicked and screamed.  I had no idea what to do so I took both of the girls into our room and tried to see if she wanted anything to eat but she did not.  She just kept screaming so after a few minutes, one of the cleaning men came in and held her and tried to talk to her but nothing was really helping.  She finally stopped crying but she was staring off into space and not talking to anyone.  He told me that she was tired and he left but I feel like it was much more than that.  I think she saw all of the cars and thought I was leaving or maybe she just thought someone was going to take her…I don’t know.  I tried to tell her I was not leaving yet but she wouldn’t listen.  I finally just picked her up and rocked her back and forth and prayed over her for about twenty minutes out loud and she finally calmed down.  I got out some smarties and got her to try them and once she did she started smiling and playing with me.  She finally ate lunch and then we went back outside and she was happy again.  It breaks my heart to see how scared she is and think there is nothing I can do about it but God has reminded me that he is the one that can heal her heart so that is what I am praying for. 
The baby has been very happy and cuddly…she did cry a bit last night before bed but I just took her outside and rocked her and she was out in less than ten minutes J 
I am so thankful for my time here with our girls.  I cannot even put into words the joy it brings me to see them growing and healthy and happy where they are.  Adam has told me that our kids at home are doing well too in my absence.  It tears my heart in two when I think about Eva and Eli at home without me…I miss them so much and then my heart breaks to think about leaving our girls here and going home…it is horrible to have your heart so attached to little ones on two different continents…I cannot wait for the day we are all in the same place J 
Elizabeth and I have another day with the girls before they go back.  Please pray that Elysee will not be scared and that we would end our week with joy in our hearts that we are together.  Please pray for God’s peace and comfort to pour out on us when we say goodbye.
Thank you for your prayers…he is listening and working for our good and his glory J


Lynsey

1 comment:

  1. I just read in this book about body sensory memories. Obviously, she could possibly have full knowledge of what was upsetting her and just been unable to communicate it. But what I have been reading about is that sometimes kids have had experiences that they don't really remember, but there are sensory experiences that stay with them that they do remember and find upsetting. The example in the book was saying that this child freaked out around fireworks, and they discovered later that he had been abandoned on a night when tradition called for fireworks. So that even as an adult, fireworks were very upsetting to him. Maybe it was something like that? I'm so sorry. So much of your journey reminds me of when we first visited our boys. It takes me back. I know that with God's help you'll work through so much of the puzzle. Praying for you. I'm sorry that I've been away from cell service and wifi and haven't been able to read all this sooner. :(

    ReplyDelete