Thursday, April 17, 2014

We Can't Wait!!!!!!

The last two months have been a whirlwind of activity!  We booked our flights, started preparing for our trip, finished up tax season, finished preschool...sigh...it has been exciting, busy and very stressful! 

Tax season ended (for me) last Saturday so my mom and I quickly cleaned our house which hadn't been done in...well...let's just say awhile :-)  Adam and I began packing and packing and packing.  We received over 100 pounds of supplies to take to the orphanage that our baby is living in right now.  We received lots of medicine, vitamins, antibiotic ointment and formula that we will deliver some time next week as well as $820 to purchase food for the orphanage when we get there. THANK YOU to everyone who made these donations possible!  We are in a state of constant amazement at the generosity of our friends and family!

We are just about completely packed and are ready to leave in about 53 hours...but who's counting?!? he he!

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. 

Eight years ago this Saturday, April 19th, we got the phone call that my dad had passed away in an accident.  This remains to be the hardest day of my life.  I can remember that call like it happened last night and still brings overwhelming sadness to my heart when I think of it.  I so wish he were here to see me as a wife and mother...to see my kids :-)  I know he would love playing with Eli, they both have an extreme love for cars!  And I know he would be amazed at our little Eva....how she can be exactly like me in some ways and not at all in others.  He would laugh that I ended up with a strong-willed little girl and I know he would tell me that it is only fair that I have to raise a child with the same qualities that he did!  I wish he would one day meet Elysee and her little sister. 

When I booked our flights on this day, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be a great day to leave.  It's always an emotional day for my family and I just wasn't sure but it worked out that this was the day we needed to leave so that was that.  I have thought about it a lot this week and I have decided that this was another blessing from God.  April 19th is always such a sad day for me but, this will be the year that the Lord blesses us with great happiness on this day!  It will forever be the day we left to go and meet two of our children for the first time!  The week that followed my father's passing was a week filled with horrible sadness and many, many tears but next week will be filled with lots of joy!  Oh how I love that the Lord has done this for me! 

I was also a little sad that we are not going to be here on Easter Sunday to worship our Lord with our friends and family and especially our kiddos but I am thankful that the Lord has reminded me this week of why we entered this adoption journey to begin with....

We are doing this because of his great love for us! 

We are doing this because we want to be Jesus' hands and feet on this earth to these two little girls. 

We are doing this because he asked us to and what could be a more fitting form of worship for Easter Sunday than to physically go and visit them! 

So now we are just ready!  I cannot wait to be there and to hold them in my arms...finally! 

We would like to ask you for some specific prayer requests :-)  Please pray for peace for Eva and Eli while we are gone.  Eva has had a few sad moments but is mostly excited about the fun she will have with her Grandma, PopPop and Nana!  Eli on the other hand has been a bit sad the last few days so please pray that God would give him peace.  Please pray for safety and peace for Adam and I and for a wonderful week with our daughters.  Pray for bonding between the four of us and pray for energy for Adam and I!  It has been awhile since we have taken care of a 4 month old and a three year old!  he he!  Please continue to pray for the paperwork we need to start the court processes for the baby...we are only waiting on one more document and pray for a favorable determination from USCIS for Elysee.  Most importantly, please pray that we would keep our focus on God this week....that he would open our eyes and our hearts to see his people as he sees them and that he would guide our actions to show his love to everyone we meet. 

Thank you so much for your continued support of our family on this journey. 

Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment