Saturday, March 29, 2014

Long Awaited News...

I am so excited to share with everyone our long awaited news!!! 

A few months ago, Adam and I received all of Elysee's translated court documents giving us custody of her in the DRC and telling us that her name changed to Elysee Stultz :-)  Adam and I both sat down on the couch that night and read through all of the documents detailing what they were able to find out about her past and in all of the information one line read...."she is an only child." 

It was really a bittersweet moment.  We were excited to finally get all of the documents and to have custody of her but it was very sad learning all that we did about her past and, I will be honest, I really had been praying for siblings and it did not look like this was going to work out the way that I wanted it to.

The next morning, I was sitting in a Bible study when I got a text message from Adam and it said, "She has a half-sister."  Well I literally gasped!  One of my dear friends was sitting next to me and asked if it was okay and I showed her the text message and then both of us just started crying.  I quickly texted him back and asked, "How old is she?"  And Adam replied, "Born last night :-)."

Fast forward three and a half months and we finally have a referral for another little girl!

We are working very quickly to try and get everything together that we need to accept her referral.  We found out on Thursday night at 8:30 pm and we were getting our fingerprints done the next morning at 10:30 :-)  All the documents are in the mail so please pray that we will get quick responses on everything that we need. 

We leave in 20 days to go meet our little girls and I could not be more excited!  Yay!  A family of SIX!!! 

We will also be visiting an orphanage and are colleting some items to take with us so if you would like to donate anything, please let us know and we would be happy to pick it up!

These are the items they need:

·         Baby formula – powder, any brand/type

·         Children's Tylenol, Advil, or generic pain reliever

·         Children's cold, cough, and allergy medicine – Benedryl, Tussin, Dimetap, generics

·         Antibiotic Ointment

·         Children's multivitamins – no gummies please

·         Crib sheets

Thank you for your continued prayers and support! 
 
Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment