Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"CALL ME BACK!"

So I went into a store yesterday by myself and I left my cell phone in the car...for those of you who know me well, I am sure you are shocked at this!  When I got back out to the car I realized there were two missed calls from Adam and a text that read, "CALL ME BACK!".  So at this point I am a little worried that something has gone terribly wrong and I call him and he says, "Guess what?" which I took to mean the house wasn't on fire and he wasn't on the way to the ER with one of our kids so I took a deep breath and said, "What?" and he began to read the e-mail to me that we had just received from our international adoption consultant...

Hi, Adam and Lynsey,
Congratulations, you are officially placed on the wait list to receive your referral!!

Your dossier has shipped from Ohio direct to Ghana via Fed Ex by EAC. It is expected to arrive and reach our in country staff in Kumasi, GH on or before Tuesday, October 9th.

It is time to celebrate this amazing milestone in your Ghana adoption!!!

***Referral***
At present, the estimated wait time for a referral from Ghana is 4-6 months. I understand ‘waiting’ is one of the most difficult steps parents take on their adoption journey. And, I will be in touch with you as soon as a referral is ready for you.

I cannot explain to you in words how excited I was to hear this!  Let's just say yesterday was a GREAT day at our house! 

Please continue to pray for this process, for the money to complete the adoption, and most of all, for the newest member of our family! 

Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment