Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Our Crazy Life...

I really thought our life couldn't get much crazier and then we entered the adoption process!!!  I feel like I am constantly spinning ten plates at a time and at least once a day I hear something crash!  ha ha!  Seriously though, life is busy and I wouldn't have it any other way!  I have to remind myself (usually during nap time) to sit down, take a deep breath and thank God for the AMAZING blessings he is giving us! 

We have finally finished gathering all of the paperwork for our home study.  We have both written our autobiographies, we all had our physicals, and all of our personal references have sent in their letters of recommendation to our social worker...this in itself is a HUGE thing!  We have our second interview with our social worker on Thursday morning and prayers would be much appreciated!  We have been warned that this will be a much more in depth interview and she will be asking a lot of questions about what we wrote in our autobiographies.  I feel like we are being looked at under a giant microscope and this makes me very anxious!  We will also be scheduling our "home inspection" during our meeting on Thursday for sometime next week and after that, we will know if we passed!  I am so excited to be on the downhill slope of the home study!

Once we have passed (hopefully) the home study, we will gather the last few pieces of paperwork we have left to send in for our dossier and wait for our FBI clearances.  I am praying this goes quickly and smoothly!  And then the waiting begins...

So what's going on in the meantime??? 

I am praying, praying, praying!  Praying for God's provision, for his protection for our child, for food for this little person and that he would provide someone to love and care for our child until we can bring them home. 

I am reading, reading, reading!!!  Everything I can about raising adopted children, trans-racial adoption and trying to learn as much as I can about Ghana.  We just finished our adoption classes and these were very helpful!  We went over all the things that could possibly go wrong and then what to look for and who to call if any of these things happen.  I felt very inadequate every time we left these classes but I was quickly reminded that God will equip us to do what he has asked... he has promised us this!

We are fundraising like crazy!  I feel like I am constantly planning something and God is constantly making me aware of his provision for this adoption!  We have raised $12,429.77!!!!!  I am not sure how to put into works how astonished I am at this number!  We are 42% of the way there and every time I am overwhelmed by the amount we still have to raise, I feel God speak to me and tell me to relax...he has this covered!  I am currently planning an "It Works" wrap party at my house on Thursday, August 9th.  A friend of mine from high school is an "It Works" consultant and she contacted me out of the blue to see if I would like for her to do a party for me and give me all of the profits!  I am in awe of the amazing generosity of God's children!  If you are interested in coming, just let me know!  We are also planning a yard sale for Saturday, August 18th and people have been calling and dropping stuff off at our house for us to sell since the moment I posted it on Facebook!  People that I haven't talked to in years have called!  People I don't know and people I would consider just acquaintances have dropped stuff off!  It is so cool to see how God is working through his children to provide for this! I can't wait to see whats next!!!

Lynsey

1 comment:

  1. What is "It Works"?
    p.s. You're doing great!!! Can't wait to hear more. Hope the 2nd interview went well. :)
    Love you guys,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete