Monday, July 2, 2012

After the Storm...

I have just sat down on my couch in my home with electricity!  I cannot put into words how excited I am!  It has been a pretty stressful couple of weeks leading up to the storms on Friday night, then we lost the electricity at our house and have spent the last few days with family and friends.  Although I am very thankful to have had friends with electricity that my family could stay with, I did find myself frustrated and a little sad because we were not able to stay at our home.  God has reminded me over the last few days of how spoiled I am.  He has reminded me over and over to be thankful everyday for the amazing blessings that he has given me.  He has also reminded me that our child is living somewhere today in far worse conditions than I have endured.  Although we were a little hot, we still had plenty of food.  When we decided it was too hot to stay at our house, we were invited to stay with friends and family who love us.  I am very glad to be home but this weekend has reminded me that I need to work as hard as I can to bring this little person to our home as quickly as I can.  Not just for electricity and modern conveniences but to make sure that they have food to eat, somewhere to sleep and someone to love on them.  Thanks for the reminder and for being our shelter in the storm...I love you Lord!

Lynsey

No comments:

Post a Comment