Monday, May 13, 2013

A Quick Update...

I have so much to write and not much time to do it!!  

We had our yard sale on Saturday and it went great!  I want to thank my mom, Bruce, Roxanne Staufer, Jessica Crumpacker, Elaine & Jim Wymer, Richard Beard, Cindy Jones, Kathy Walker and her daughter's, Emily, Carly and Audry for helping to set everything up, selling it, and cleaning it up when it was all over and my mother in law, Susan for watching the kiddos!  The generosity of our friends and family never ceases to amaze me and I want to thank everyone who donated stuff for us to sell!  We had a ton of stuff again and ended up making $1,906!!!  So we exceeded our goal which I think means that God knows something is going to cost more than estimated :-) 

We are still waiting for a referral and in the meantime we received this e-mail from our adoption agency,

"Dear EAC Congo Families,

As many of you are aware, the Democratic Republic of the Congo Ministry of Interior and Security, General Direction of Migration (Direction Generale d’Immigration, DGM) (DRC) has "temporarily suspended issuance of exit permits to adopted Congolese children seeking to depart the country with their adoptive parents."
We believe, after consultation with our Congolese attorney and other U.S. based adoption agencies which provide services in the DRC, this temporary suspension relates to the investigation of one case and should be resolved shortly.  This current temporary suspension should not affect any current EAC families."
I would really appreciate prayer for this matter to be resolved quickly.  I have seen God work miracles throughout this process and I am praying for him to do this again!

I went to the Christian Alliance for Orphans conference called Summit 9 a week and a half ago and hope to write about that experience very soon.  I learned so much and I need to take a minute to write it all down to share....it was a wonderful experience.  Stay tuned...


Lynsey

1 comment:

  1. We'll be praying, Lynsey. But I'm so excited about your yardsale. That's incredible. Don't get discouraged about Congo. Just stay tuned. International adoption is a roller coaster and you're heading into a loop. We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete