Friday, September 7, 2012

Drum Roll Please!

I cannot even put into words how excited I am to tell you...drum roll please....we have submitted everything required of us to European Adoption Consultants!!!  Robin, our adoption consultant, should receive our package via FedEx today and she will review it for any errors...please pray there are NO errors, and then she will send it on to EAC's headquarters where it will be reviewed again and then it will be sent to Ghana.  I have never before in my life prayed for a material item as much as I have for this packet of information on it's way to Texas.  Please join me in praying that this package would make it everywhere it needs to go in one piece!  After the package is received in Ghana, we will be put on the waiting list until our immigration approval is received and then, we should receive a referral for a child (the wait time right now is running four to six months).  For those of you who do not know what a referral is (because until four months ago, I had no idea what a referral was), the government of Ghana will send us a picture of a child with any known background information as well as medical history and we have been instructed that we should talk to an international doctor regarding their medical issues and then either "accept or decline the child".  I can tell you with absolute certainty that the first thing we will do is pray.  I cannot image a situation where we would "decline" a child but we will pray unceasingly until we feel like we have heard from God on this.  I cannot wait to see this little person!  To know whether Eva and Eli will have a new sister or brother.  To know what their name is and where they are living.  To know whether or not I need extensive training in cornrows or just a little info on products :-)  he he!  I am so excited!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment